CAA's New Careers Advisers Day Sponsored by
Are you new to the Careers Advising role in a NSW high school? This is the day for you!!!
Please note that this day is for Careers Advisers in NSW high schools only (or those who have recently finished a tertiary qualification in Careers education seeking a role in a NSW high school) and preference will be given to Careers Advisers who are new to the Careers Advising role in the last 2 years. ACT members are welcome to register, however, some topics throughout the day are more relevant for NSW Careers Advisers.
The topics to be covered include:
- The Role & Responsibilities of the Career Adviser;
- Framework for Career Education in High Schools;
- The Year in Brief - When things happen throughout the year and what you need to know about them;
- Programming for Careers Advisers;
- Professional Development for Careers Advisers;
- Subject Selection, Scaling and the ATAR - Understanding it all and explaining the system to parents and students;
- Work Experience - methods for implementing a program;
- Resources for Careers Advisers - what's available to make your life easier and assist you in your Careers Advising role;
- Australian Professional Standards for Careers Advisers.
Following conclusion of the day at 5.00pm, drinks and canapés will be available for those available to stay and network with peers and the CAA Executive (numbers permitting).
This course is $88 Incl GST for members of CAA - and you must be a member of CAA to be eligible to attend. Registrations required. Register your interest by clicking on the button in the top right hand corner of this box which says "Register Your Interest To Attend This Event".